We have company in for the week. My friend and I took a stab at making dresses for our girls with matching dresses for their American Girl Dolls. They turned out cute... not nearly as homegrown as I thought they would based on my lack of sewing skills. The hardest part was increasing one of the dress size and getting things to lay right. I had to do an emergency SOS call to my mom . We used Simplicity Patterns: 1928 and 2378. I followed them for the most part, instead of buckles we used buttons. The dresses took about 3 hours to cut and sew.
I plan to go back and add rossettes to the front of the dresses along the collar line.
While I finished up the doll dresses my partner in crime made the hair bows. For the rosettes , we made two sizes - 1 strip of fabric for the American Girl Dolls and 2 strips of fabric for the girls' bows. Using the tutorial that I posted for the